This pregnancy seriously has me craving sweets all. the. time. We have to keep our fridge full of fresh fruits, or else I’m sending my husband to the store for a candy bar. With my son, I craved everything salty, so this is totally new, and sometimes overwhelming.
So this morning, in traditional pregnant fashion, I woke with a ravenous appetite and decided to whip up something that would satisfy my sweet tooth, without loading my body with a bunch of fake ingredients. We still like to try and stick to paleo as closely as we can, though we do enjoy a little rice sometimes.
I’m a pretty big fan of coconut flour and, over the years, have learned to really use it to my advantage. Coconut flour absorbs liquid really really well, so you only need a small amount of it when baking. A bag goes pretty far in our house, and I just love the hint of coconut that the flour leaves behind. These muffins really are so light and fluffy, and the strawberry chunks help add a little yuuum into the mix! Sometimes with coconut flour you can wind up with a denser muffin than is desired, but whipping the eggs really helps add some air into the mixture.
So, without droning on, let’s just get to the reason you’re here: the recipe!
You will Need:
- Preheat oven to 350, and grease muffin tray with coconut oil or ghee
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix sugar and ghee until mixed well. Remove from heat.
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside
- Whisk eggs until foamy
- Mash banana and add to the eggs. Add sugar/ghee mixture and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and combine, fold in strawberry slices
- Fill muffin tray about 2/3 full
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes, and enjoy!
Until next time,